Monday, April 30, 2012

IN A LIGHTER VEIN





Hello Friends,


This is me, 'pore' ol' Bilbo.
and boy, the pore ol' sun is really beating down in a rage this Indian summer.


As the day is hot, I thought that we will take a break today and continue on, IN A LIGHTER VEIN


We'll start the jokes by a limerick, of which I am very fond of.I like the limerick because it gives you plenty of playing ground for creativity, for wit and sarcasm,and satire as Bill Watterson will know best about.



There was once this beautiful girl named Lude
She was very very creative but was also a prude.
She oozed innovation by the pound
And ideas kept following her around,
But sadly,her creativity bloomed only in the nude.


That's an example of a limerick.To write limericks, you don't have to be Keats and jilted in love (Keats was so tragic in his mid twenties, if he had not died when he did, I cannot imagine what his poetry would have made us do in his 40's...maybe roll on the ground and bawl at the top of our lungs). You need to know the language,a sense of timing and above all, you need to have a SENSE OF HUMOR.(By the way, a sense of humor can be helpful in sales & marketing too).I wonder if...


Have you heard bout this bar maid called Prim
Whose complexion was all roses and cream,
When asked how, one day 
She said" Why not, pray?"
"I always(hic!) fill me beer mug to the brim"


I came across this vocabulary important game yesterday and thought I'd post it here, so that we can avoid being dull (All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy). Enjoy 


WORDS WORTH




Play more free games at Play & Forget







No comments:

Post a Comment